Click Here For Index Of Back Issues
Clinical Trials And Noteworthy Treatment For Brain Tumors
Issue #21 4/2/2000
Welcome to the VirtualTrials Newsletter!
- Our first Special Chat will be Monday, April 3 at 8-9pm, Eastern Time. Our guest expert will be Dr. Gil Lederman, Chief of Radiation Oncology at Staten Island University Hospital. He is into Fractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery combined with a chemotherapy as a radiation sensitizer. There is a video from his lecture at our last conference at http://virtualtrials.com/video.cfm watch the video before the chat. It is very interesting.
- Just a reminder - we still have our weekly chat on Sunday evenings, 9-10pm, Eastern DAYLIGHT SAVINGS time. Go to virtualtrials.com select INTERACT then CHAT ROOM to get to the room! It is always open, but there are more people there Sunday nights! Don't forget, we are no on daylight savings time here in NY - so adjust your schedule accordingly!
- New feature added to the website: In co-operation with Jim Kenzig, who runs the BTLINKS website (at virtualtrials.com/btlinks) , we created a new system for organizing links to brain tumor resources. There were so many links on both of our websites that it was getting unwieldy. Jim had them nicely categorized, but it was a nightmare to maintain, and hard to pick out the most useful sites. Working together, we developed a database of links to brain tumor websites, and a way for our visitors to rate the usefulness of the links. The links can be browsed by category, by newest links, most popular links, highest rated links, or you can search for a word in the website title or description. They are then displayed ranked by how the visitors rate them, on a scale of 0 to 5. 0 is unrated. 1 is bad, 5 is best! We have an easy way now to add links, and an automated link checker, so there shouldn't be any more dead links! Take a look at it: virtualtrials.com select resources / links.
- Announcing the 1st Annual Upper Midwest Brain Tumor Symposium. May 5-6th at the Minneapolis / St. Paul Airport Hilton in Bloomington, Minnesota! This is for brain tumor patients, caregivers, friends, as well as health care professionals. For details, call 612-672-7248. There are more details for the conference at virtualtrials.com/news.cfm
- The Long Island (NY) Adult Brain Tumor Support Group, which meets the first Thursday of each month at the Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library, seeks a Nurse with knowledge of seizure and chemo medications to volunteer to help run the group! Call Donna Lankford at 516-922-4134 if you can help.
Al Musella, DPM
Brain Tumor Research