BRAINSTORM: A Dialogue and Education Series - Long Branch, NJ Oct 25
Posted on: 10/18/2010
BRAINSTORM: A Dialogue and Education Series
presents a free seminar for parents with children of all ages
“Talking With Your Children About Brain Tumors “
Featuring guest speaker
JEAN HARTFORD-TODD, CCLS
Child Life Specialist,
The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke
MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010
David S. Zocchi Brain Tumor Center
Monmouth Medical Center, 300 Second Avenue, Long Branch, NJ
Registration, Sandwiches & Snacks
Seminar and Panel Discussion
* how to talk about your brain tumor diagnosis
* adjusting to changes in family dynamics
* adapting to different roles and altered relationships
* how to explain treatment effects to your children
* offering support to your children during recurrence or tumor progression
* how to answer your children's questions
**A free ART IS GOOD workshop will be offered in a separate room
for school age children and teens whose family members are attending.
Space is limited for this FREE seminar!
Email DSZFUND@gmail.com or call 732-450-8111 by October 21 to reserve your place.
Include your name, contact information and the name(s) of anyone who will attend with you.
Please note: although this seminar is about family topics, the content is intended for adults only.
Let us know what your needs are! We welcome your comments, suggestions and questions.
Contact the David S. Zocchi Brain Tumor Fund at DSZFUND@gmail.com
Click HERE to return to brain tumor news headlines