The David S. Zocchi Brain Tumor Fund invites you to join us for a FREE seminar for parents
"Talking With Your Children About Brain Tumors"
Featuring guest speaker
Jean Hartford-Todd, CCLS
Child Life Specialist, The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke
Date: Monday, April 19, 2010
Time: 5:45 p.m. - Registration, Sandwiches & Snacks
6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Seminar and Panel Discussion
Location: Borden Auditorium, Monmouth Medical Center, 300 Second Avenue, Long Branch, NJ 07740
This seminar is designed for parents with children of all ages, in families where a parent or other close relative has been diagnosed with a brain tumor.
* how to talk about your brain tumor diagnosis
* adjusting to changes in family dynamics
* adapting to different roles and altered relationships
* how to explain treatment effects to your children
* offering support to your children during recurrence or tumor progression
* how to answer your children's questions
Space is limited for this FREE seminar! Please email DSZFUND@gmail.com by March 31 to reserve your place.
Include your name, contact information and the name(s) of anyone who will attend with you.
Please note: although this seminar is about family topics, the content is intended for adults only.
Directions to Monmouth Medical Center are at this link:
Let us know what your needs are! We welcome your comments, suggestions and questions.