[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02796261 : Study to Evaluate Eflornithine + Lomustine vs Lomustine in Recurrent Anaplastic Astrocytoma (AA) Patients|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
Patients must meet all of the following inclusion criteria to be eligible for participation
in this study:
- Surgical or biopsy-proven diagnosis of WHO grade 3 AA.
- Unequivocal evidence of first AA tumor progression or recurrence = 3 months prior to
randomization based on MRI criteria for tumor progression using enlarging Gd-contrast
enhancement and/or T2 hyperintensity. Patients with non-measurable Gd contrast
enhancing tumors will only be eligible if there is no necrosis seen on MRI and/or
histopathological confirmation of AA per standard of care procedures is obtained.
- First tumor progression or recurrence following surgical resection or biopsy, if
resection is not feasible, EBRT and temozolomide chemotherapy.
- Completion of EBRT = 6 months prior to randomization.
- A patient whose AA tumor has progressed or recurred and has had another surgical
resection prior to randomization will be eligible if a) pathology review confirms AA,
and b) post-surgical MRI demonstrates measurable tumor on T2/FLAIR.
- Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS) score of = 70.
Patients who meet any of the following exclusion criteria are not eligible for study
- MRI defining progression is consistent with a diagnosis of glioblastoma or radiation
- Patients who are considered to be refractory to EBRT and temozolomide but who have not
- Prior systemic therapy for recurrence of AA.
- Presence of extracranial or leptomeningeal disease.
- Prior lomustine use.
- Any other clinical condition or prior therapy that, in the opinion of the
Investigator, would make the patient unsuitable for the study.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02796261
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing