[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02698254 : Pilot Trial of Dose-Volume Constraints for Reirradiation of Recurrent Brain Tumors|
|Ages||Min: N/A Max: N/A|
1. Previous pathologic confirmation of a tumor treated with radiation to the brain
completed at least 6 months prior to the start of planned reirradiation, except for
patients with tumors that are routinely diagnosed without biopsy, including germinoma
and optic pathway glioma. Patients with a history of cranial irradiation for leukemia
2. Patient must have received one and only one previous course of radiation to the brain,
delivered at 1.5 - 2.5 Gy/fraction, one fraction per day.
3. Multidisciplinary evaluation of the patient must be performed with a consensus
recommendation for reirradiation.
4. Patient may not receive concurrent chemotherapy with reirradiation, other than
temozolomide or bevacizumab given at the discretion of the treating neuro-oncologist.
5. Patient must have imaging findings within the last 3 months consistent with recurrent
disease in the brain. Pathologic diagnosis of recurrence is not required.
6. Patient may undergo surgical resection prior to reirradiation.
7. Dose-volume histogram data and cross-sectional imaging from previous radiation must be
obtained. Electronic dosimetry records in DICOM format from previous radiation are
8. Signed informed consent by patient and/or parents or legal guardian.
9. Lansky/Karnofsky Performance Status score of 50-100.
1. Patients with recurrent diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG)
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02698254
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing