[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT02348073 : Efficacy of Phosphatidylserine Enriched With n-3 PUFA Supplementation on ADHD in Children With Epilepsy|
|Ages||Min: 6 Years Max: 16 Years|
- Children aged 6 to 15 years and 11 months.
- Children of either sex (male/female) suffering from epilepsy regardless of syndrome
- Subjects on a stable dose of antiepileptic drugs (AED) for at least one month prior
to inclusion and subjects for whom no change is considered a priori for the three
months following the inclusion.
- Diagnosis of ADHD inattention or mixed type according to the DSM IV criteria.
- Subjects must agree to study participation and their parents/legal guardian must
provide written inform consent prior to participation in the study.
- Subjects less than 6 years or older than 16 years old
- AED not stable for at least one month and/or a change in AED is expected in the three
months following inclusion.
- Diagnosis of ADHD hyperactivity type exclusive according to DSM V criteria.
- Mental retardation defined by a score < 70 on the verbal comprehension and perceptual
reasoning Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fourth Edition (WISC-IV).
- Diagnosis of a psychiatric comorbidity other than ADHD according to the DSM IV
criteria, including: pervasive developmental disorders including autism disorders;
bipolar disordersand psychotic disorders.
- Children suffering from diabetes, any type.
- Use of psychoactive drugs in ADHD within the previous month: Methylphenidate,
Amphetamine, Atomoxetine, Modafinil and Antidepressants whatever the class.
- Use of dietary supplementation, other than vitamins, within the last 3 months.
- Use of ketogenic diet within the last 3 months.
- Allergy to fish or other sea products.
- Soy allergy.
- Absence of coverage by social security.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT02348073
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing