[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01988675 : MRI Study of Radiation-Induced Damage to White Matter and Blood-Brain-Barrier|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Patients receiving partial brain irradiation for malignant or benign brain tumors
(including low-grade gliomas, high-grade gliomas, malignant meningioma, pituitary
adenomas, supratentorial meningioma, or craniopharyngiomas); or patients receiving
whole brain irradiation for brain metastases.
- Patients must be 18 years of age or older
- Patients must sign a study specific consent form approved by the Institutional Review
Board (IRB) of the University of Michigan prior to study entry.
- Patients must have a neurological function class 1 or 2 with a Karnofsky performance
status (a scoring system used to quantify general well being and quality of life on a
scale of 100 to 0) of greater than or equal to 70.
- Patients must have an expected life expectancy of greater than 6 months.
- Patients with a history of major medical illness or psychiatric impairment which, in
the investigator's opinion, will prevent administration of the protocol.
- Patients who have had prior external beam irradiation to the brain or head/neck area
that will lead to overlap of the radiation field.
- Patients should have no contraindications to having a contrast enhanced Magnetic
Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan.
- Prisoners are excluded.
- Pregnant women are excluded.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: http://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01988675
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing
Facility: University of Michigan Hosptial
Yue Cao, Ph.D.
Yue Cao, Ph.D. Phone: 734-936-8695
Click HERE to send email to this center