[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01627535 : Feasibility of Intraoperative Optical Imaging and Spectroscopy in Brain Tumors|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: N/A|
- Neurosurgical patient population in the City of Hope brain and spinal tumor
neurosurgical programs that have been diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- Only lucid patients qualified to consent to neurosurgical procedure will be
approached for participation in this study.
- We do intend to enroll subjects with potentially terminal brain tumors. Due to the
potential benefit of intraoperative mapping, we are not planning to exclude these
- Patients with any type of brain tumor will be eligible for participation.
- All subjects must have the ability to understand and the willingness to sign a
written informed consent.
- There are no exclusion criteria except for individuals without a brain tumor and the
location of the craniotomy. If the exposed area of brain is not compatible with
peripheral stimuli or volitional activity the subject cannot be enrolled.
- Subjects, who in the opinion of the investigator, may not be able to comply with the
safety monitoring requirements of the study.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01627535
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing