[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01346267 : Acupressure in Controlling Nausea in Young Patients Receiving Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy|
|Ages||Min: 4 Years Max: 18 Years|
- 4 to 18 years of age, inclusive. The patient's cognitive ability must be considered
by a parent or healthcare professional to be at least at a 4 year-old level.
- Newly diagnosed (i.e., not relapsed) with any malignancy.
- Patients are not required to be registered on a COG therapeutic trial.
- The patient's current chemotherapy treatment plan must include at least 1 course of
- cisplatin at ? 50 mg/m2/dose or
- ifosfamide plus etoposide or doxorubicin or
- cyclophosphamide plus an anthracycline.
- Patients may have previously received other chemotherapy.
- The patient's current treatment plan must include an anti-emetic regimen with either
ondansetron or granisetron on a scheduled basis. Patients may also receive
dexamethasone for antiemetic prophylaxis during the acute phase at the discretion of
the treating physician. Patients ? 12 years old may also receive aprepitant in
conjunction with dexamethasone for antiemetic prophylaxis at the discretion of the
- Patients needing anti-emetic treatment for breakthrough nausea/vomiting may also
receive anti-emetic agents on an as needed (PRN) basis.
- The patient (parent/guardian) must be English-speaking (i.e., able to read and speak
in English) since the PeNAT has been validated only in English.
- All patients and/or their parents or legal guardians must sign a written informed
consent (patient assent is also recommended when applicable according to each
- Prior history of acupressure use.
- Scheduled use of antiemetic agents other than ondansetron, granisetron, dexamethasone
or aprepitant. Patients may receive other antiemetic agents PRN for breakthrough
nausea/vomiting but not on a scheduled basis
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01346267
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing