[Information provided by:
ClinicalTrials.gov, which provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.]
|NCT01222728 : Using Positron Emission Tomography to Predict Intracranial Tumor Growth in Neurofibromatosis Type II Patients|
|Ages||Min: 18 Years Max: 50 Years|
- INCLUSION CRITERIA:
- Clinical diagnosis of NF2 by established clinical criteria or genetic testing.
- Age 18 to 50.
- A minimum of 3 intracranial tumors (meningiomas and/or VSs) measuring = or > 1cm in
1. At least one unoperated VS > 1 cm in size AND
2. At least one unoperated meningioma > 1 cm in size
- No pregnancy or intent to become pregnant, with proper use of contraception for the
duration of the study.
- Normal liver enzymes: tests should be completed within 14 days before injection of
the radiopharmaceutical; SGOT, SGPT < 5x ULN; bilirubin less than or equal to 2x ULN
- If prior radiation therapy to the tumor: > 2 years must have passed after
radiotherapy administration and tumor must demonstrate growth after radiotherapy
(signifying a viable tumor for study is present)
- If prior chemotherapy: must have completed chemotherapy > 6 months prior to
enrollment to allow washout of chemotherapeutic agent
- Clinically unstable condition that precludes serial clinical and imaging evaluation
(i.e. Class 3 congestive heart failure, severe chronic renal insufficiency, severe
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- Contraindication to MRI scanning, including pacemakers or other implanted electrical
devices, brain stimulators, some types of dental implants, aneurysm clips (metal
clips on the wall of a large artery), metallic prostheses (including metal pins and
rods, heart valves, and cochlear implants), permanent eyeliner, implanted delivery
pump, or shrapnel fragments
- Severe chronic renal insufficiency (glomerular filtration rate < 30 mL/min/1.73 m2),
hepatorenal syndrome or post-liver transplantation.
|Links||Permanent Link to THIS page: https://virtualtrials.com/nct/display1trial.cfm?nct=NCT01222728
| Link to official Clinicaltrials.gov listing
Facility: National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike
For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact Patient Recruitment and Public Liaison Office (PRPL)
Click HERE to send email to this center